Tuesday, December 4, 2007

point proved

Tonight I had to pick S. up on rushing through his homework too quickly.  For writing 'est' all hoiky-quoiky three times,  I was compelled to point out that even though he may find it easy and rather dull, they are not excuses to be all sloppy and careless.  It doesn't matter if words only have three letters in them, they are still as important as longer ones to write well.  All words are important so all words need to be written so that they can be read.  Especially his words.

Mmm.  Perhaps I did lay it on a bit too thick.  He is only six.

After correcting the 'est's, he handed me the following piece of paper...

 soriy maman fore my teriball writing

I loved it.  I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.  And it is, officially my most favourite thing, ever.

Point proved, though: Words are important and need to be able to be read.  

Spelling can wait for another day.

 



No comments: